CLIPS AND COMMENTARY FROM CANADA'S BEST KNOWN UNDISCOVERED OLD WHITE BLUESMAN

Saturday, September 7, 2002

Started my day picking up the newsletters from the printer and distributing them to jazz clubs around town (this is the jazz newsletter which I do in addition to the blues newsletter). Since we were already in the west end, I called my nail technician to see if he could fit me in and he said come right over. I said I'd be there in five minutes, but when we were in sight of his place, the road was torn up with a detour that didn't take us anywhere near the place I wanted to go. Finally, I walked from where we parked - right in fron of Hugh's Room



A half-hour later we were into the CD launch party of Mose Scarlett. He started with Marg Stowe on guitar, then Tony Quarington, Jeff Healey and producer Ken Whiteley.