CLIPS AND COMMENTARY FROM CANADA'S BEST KNOWN UNDISCOVERED OLD WHITE BLUESMAN

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Reviews, Interviews, Points of View


Here is Dr. Feelgood in the brand new control room at CKLN.

This was the first of a bunch of interviews - we're already scheduling at least one radio interview per week and so far they all want me to bring a guitar and play a couple of tunes. Last Wednesday with Dr. Feelgood at CKLN was painless. Great to have someone asking questions who actually listened to the record. Davis even quoted some lines from a previous blog entry of mine. Megawd, some people are reading this - I better check my spelling. The station has moved into brand new studios
that were very well air-conditioned, as opposed to any other campus radio
studio that I've ever attended. I think I must make a point of bringing a
guitar tuner next time. I think I could have used it, but most people don't
notice these things.

After the show, we went out for a drink to a club where Julian Fauth was supposed to be playing - according to the MapleBlues magazine listings (yes, that's the one i (barely) manage. Well Julian wasn't playing, but a very earnest young woman was playing keyboards and singing jazzy/poppy stuff. Speaking of newsletter screw-ups, photographer Eddy B collared me at Healey's to tell me that (once again) I had run a photo he took without giving him credit. I was mortified - and here's a public apology to Eddy B for this and all the times I left off a photo credit. I don't suppose it's any consolation that, as he pointed out at the same time, I have give him a photo credit on the new CD and he doesn't have a photo on it. Well, ass they say in the world of desktop publishing..."Arghhh"