CLIPS AND COMMENTARY FROM CANADA'S BEST KNOWN UNDISCOVERED OLD WHITE BLUESMAN

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

blainblain

My gig at Free Times was not very well attended but in my heart I know that
even if I had postered College Street and sent out all kinds of internet gig
announcements I wouldn't have done much better. I decided to cast fate to
the wind and have Joel join me with his arsenal of electronics. I just sit
there and play guitar and he grabs a MIDI signal from my guitar and
processes and loops the sound - sometimes on separate strings. I have a MIDI
pedalboard that I can use to set the tempo and trigger loops.

It didn't all work out in this gig but I think we have a "proof of concept"
Watch for more gigs from "blainblain"

It's 1am and Joel is cooking fajitas. I am making a blog entry instead of
working on the newsletter that is now a rush job. Wanted to skip out tonight
and hear Jesse Barksdale Trio. Next time! Tomorrow night, for sure I'm going
to see Mansa Sisoko at Hughs.