CLIPS AND COMMENTARY FROM CANADA'S BEST KNOWN UNDISCOVERED OLD WHITE BLUESMAN

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Brian Blain Missing


Everytime I walk into the Silver Dollar Room, the first thing I see is this picture of myself hanging in its long-standing place of honour at the end of the bar. Until last night, that is. I dropped by the Silver Dollar to hear the bluegrass guys and noticed that my portrait was missing from its spot. It wasn't replaced with anything else - there's just a big blank space where it used to be...Wot happened? They're looking into it at the Silver Dollar. Gary Kendall thinks it might have been stolen right off the wall, as were portraits of him and Donnie Walsh a while back. This feels a bit like the time I discovered a web site that was "sharing" my music for free. Part of me was kinda happy that someone out there thought it was worth stealing. Nowadays there's a lot of music you can't GIVE away...