CLIPS AND COMMENTARY FROM CANADA'S BEST KNOWN UNDISCOVERED OLD WHITE BLUESMAN

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Homeroutes Tour Diary - Day 11

I just woke up in this heritage building now converted into an arts centre. Downstairs right now is a gaggle of quilters and when I slipped down to get a coffee, the first thing someone said was “I hope the ghost didn’t bother you.” Well, now that you mention it…everytime I went to the washroom, which is in the corner of the second floor, I felt a presence. Not threatening really, but quite clear to me.  A small, timid person or child all curled up in the corner.  In the morning I opened the outside door and tried to shoo it out but probably not successfully.  When I asked what they knew about the ghost someone said “Oh we just say that…”  Then I suggested that maybe they could find a native person to come in and smudge the place but I don’t think that went over very well with the quilting bee.