CLIPS AND COMMENTARY FROM CANADA'S BEST KNOWN UNDISCOVERED OLD WHITE BLUESMAN

Friday, January 9, 2015

Remembering Jim Galloway

Jim Galloway passed away last week and I will miss him. I worked with him from 1992 to 3006 on the Toronto Jazz Festival and also had the pleasure of having him play on a couple of tracks of "Overqualified For The Blues" Listen to the baritone part on "One Way Ticket." Even after he retired as AD of the Jazz Festival I would see him now and then, sometimes to help him figure out a computer problem, other times just to taste a new flavour of single malt. He was a model musician and a model human being. I just loded up a video that I shot of him and a few friends at the 2007 jazz festival. I used his camera and just lately had talked to him about putting it up on the web and now here it is for all to enjoy