CLIPS AND COMMENTARY FROM CANADA'S BEST KNOWN UNDISCOVERED OLD WHITE BLUESMAN

Monday, March 9, 2020

Brian Blain Solo Set at Winterfolk 2020 short




A 10-minute condensed version of my solo set at Winterfolk 2020 in Toronto. The first song, "I'm Not Fifty Anymore," resonated with the older crowd and that phrase was repeated to me numerous times that week-end and since. Then we have short clips of  "Hownlin':, a blues standard and  "Water Song", the first single from the new album. Next was the "premiere" of my Mother Trilogy, 3 songs about Mother written decades apart, the most recent, "The Mother I Never Knew" about finding my birth mother, "Enfant Choisi" (sung in French) about the circumstances of my adoption and my 1973 "cult classic", "Don't Forget Your Mother." I finish off with a Buddhist perspective on Jesus and an ode to medicinal marijuana, "Have A Toke"