CLIPS AND COMMENTARY FROM CANADA'S BEST KNOWN UNDISCOVERED OLD WHITE BLUESMAN

Thursday, July 23, 2020

Blaincast #18


Here's the replay - the intro got chopped but you'll see a couple of videos celebrating the birthdays of Allan Fraser and Daisy DeBolt and some stories about those halcyon days as well as a "Campfire Cameo" from 2018 at the Old Mill featuring Chris Caddell singing an old Robert Johnson classic and myself doing a tune that I just discovered as I was going through the archives. First time I included one of my tunes in the Campfire Cameos (you hear enough of me already) but this is a tune I had just written and promptly forgot, probably because I felt a little uneasy about it (if criticizing theocracy, patriarchy, fanaticism, and misogyny is politically incorrect). I didn't want a fatwa issued on me :-) It's called "We've Done That Too". And since I was stirring the pot, I pulled out another recent ditty that could get me in trouble, "Arrested for Stealing a Kiss". Listen before you flame me