CLIPS AND COMMENTARY FROM CANADA'S BEST KNOWN UNDISCOVERED OLD WHITE BLUESMAN

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

On Validation

Following the misfortune of my guitar's broken headstock, there were a few bright moments.  Ego stroking, I guess.

A couple of days after the accident I got two nods to Brian the songwriter - one was meeting a musician who was part of an event that is chronicled in one of my songs and then later that evening I saw a young female singer-songwriter and she can't believe that she's running into me because earlier that evening she had been working on one of my songs.  How's them apples?  Meanwhile I still can't afford to get that guitar fixed properly - which will require splicing a new headstock onto it.

Then tonight, to top it off, I was surfing around the web and saw a link to Rdio which took me to the Brian Blain "station" where I just sat back listening to random selections from two of my albums - some of which I haven't heard in a while - and which I couldn't play live if my life depended on it. It has a slider where you can select "Artist Only" or move it further to play tracks by similar artists or not-so-similar if you select "Adventurous"

http://rd.io/x/QVvSlDFUYns/