CLIPS AND COMMENTARY FROM CANADA'S BEST KNOWN UNDISCOVERED OLD WHITE BLUESMAN

Sunday, December 11, 2011

a lot of response

minor collision at the foot of my street = towtrucks coming from every direction, police cars blocking all the streets, streetcars stopped in their tracks, not because of the accident but because of the congestion caused by an ambulance, more police cars and 3 fire trucks with at least a dozen firemen all standing around watching.  When a gawker tried to take a photo of the firemen one of them came at him shouting "what are you doing?"  Maybe he was thinking the same thing as me, how much $$$ does this add up to on the city payroll - and it's a Sunday...somebody must be getting overtime.  Now, part of me feels good that if I ever have a fender bender at the foot of my street, I will have a quick response, but I'm just sayin'...