CLIPS AND COMMENTARY FROM CANADA'S BEST KNOWN UNDISCOVERED OLD WHITE BLUESMAN

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Brian Blain Basement Blaincast #4



This is a replay of the April 12 (Easter Sunday) episode of the self-isolated socially-distanced Basement Blaincast on Facebook Live.  I called this one my "Tribute to the Townships" and played some tunes I wrote about my life in the Townships and closed with "Ramene Moi Demain" a real anthem to the Townships with lyrics and photos from my great friend Daniel Racine in Waterloo. If you wanted to see/hear the original version of Ramene Moi from 6 years ago it's here.

We had a few glitches but it all adds to the entertainment value - and apologies to the folks who tuned in on Instagram - there was no audio and I was so pre-occupied with the Zoom and the Facebook feeds that I was never able to correct it. Not sure I'm going to try that again (Thanks to Pete Schmidt, Lenna Temmiseva and others for their patience...I hope you found me on Facebook, or here it is on YouTube)

Next Sunday, April 19 (2pm), we celebrate "4-20" and if you don't know what that is, just tune in.  I will be playing my new song, "Have a Toke" and doing the premiere of my remix/mashup of the song which I call "Toke 2".  My son the DJ (aka Joel Coi) and regular collaborator Patrick Merner may (or not) have their remixes to preview as well.  So it will be a bit of electronica on Sunday but, don't worry. I'll have a few folky tunes to kick it off. I'm now thinking the theme for the following will be "Brian goes Country" with a selection of country tunes I've written over the years and a couple of country classics.

See you Sunday, April 19 2pm EST  at www.facebook.com/brianblain.musician