CLIPS AND COMMENTARY FROM CANADA'S BEST KNOWN UNDISCOVERED OLD WHITE BLUESMAN

Sunday, May 24, 2020

Brian's Backyard Blaincast - Episode 10 Bluesgrass Edition




Edition 10 of my weekly Blaincast - we have taken it outside and this one is all acoustic - shot on the iPhone. I went through my song list and pulled out tunes that will work with a flat-pick (because my nails are shattered). That led me to some of my old tunes that have a bluegrass flavour (I call it "Bluesgrass") I kept up the "Write a Song with Brian" segment and i have a new unfinished song called "You Gotta Walk (if You Want to be Healthy)" and I'm inviting contributions for another verse or two. Thanks to those who contributed to last week's song-in-progress, "Loyal to a Fault," and it's still a "song-in-progress." And wonder of wonder, I'm presenting a brand new song, as of a couple of hours ago, called "Loreena" and of course it's in a Bluesgrass style. We close with a "Campfire Cameo" from the Old Mill with Paul Reddick, Julian Fauth and up-and-comer Gavin McLeod